- Product Features
- PPE Made in Sweden: All Speedglas welding helmets are made in Sweden with every lens still checked by hand.
- Protection from Welding FumeSuper comfortable welding face seal follows the contours of both the helmet and the face to provide a positive pressure seal from pollutants. The exclusive airflow pattern of the respiratory welding mask evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder.
- Welding Shield with Huge Clear & Curved Grinding Visor A smooth flip-up function reveals a huge 170x100 mm clear grinding visor with 180 degree vision.
- Speedglas Welding Lens with True-View 3M Speedglas True-View has literally changed the way welders see, making what you see through the lens appear lighter, more detailed and colourful.
- Largest Welding Mask Viewing Area Available:The huge Speedglas 9100XXi auto-lens combined with the Speedglas peripheral SideWindows gives you the largest welding shield viewing area available on the market.
- Speedglas SideWindowsPreviously hidden peripheral hazards (beams, obstacles and other workers) are now visible through two, shade 5 side lenses (conventional shade 13 protection).
- Highest Optical Rating Speedglas welding helmet series 9100 gives the welder the highest possible optical classification (1/1/1) and is compliant with AS/NZS1338.1.
- Unrivalled Arc Detection and switching Photo-sensors capable of detecting an arc down to an industry-leading 1 amp with centre sensor for TIG applications.
- All Welding Applications with Multiple ModesWith shades 3, 5, 8, 9-13 and multiple mode settings you can weld, cut, grind and tack, indoors and outdoors even with a completely hidden arc.
- Welding Mask with Auto-OnWith Auto-On your welding helmet is instantly ready to weld; programmed to your last used welding setting.
- Compliant with all relevant Australian & New Zealand StandardsCompliant with Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1337.1 (high impact face protection), AS/NZS1338.1 (eye protection) and AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Comfort & Ergonomics This harness sets the industry benchmark for comfort and ergonomics. The harness distributes weight perfectly, avoids sensitive areas and allows for complete customisation to your head.
- The Signature Speedglas Silver FrontThe silver front on a Speedglas auto-darkening welding helmet is not just a design feature, it also reflects heat from the weld keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Magnification Lens HolderBuilt-in holder for magnifying lenses makes attaching the lens easier and optimises the position for better vision.
- Speedglas Welding PPE is a long term investment All Speedglas 9100 auto helmets have custom designed multi-function programmed logic chips that minimise the number of discrete surface-mounted components; leading to improved reliability and longevity.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: Speedglas 9100 features a revolving three year warranty. Experience a problem with the welding mask in the first three years and your 3 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets are built to last.
The Heavy-Duty Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- One Hour Rapid Charge Heavy Duty Battery with Long LifeThe new Adflo heavy duty lithium-ion battery charges from 0-80% of its full capacity in approximately one hour and lasts approximately 12-14 hours depending on conditions (extends battery life by approximately 4 hours over the standard systems).
- Synonymous with welder’s respiratory protectionOne of the most popular PAPR’s in the world, the award-winning Adflo welding respirator has become synonymous with welder’s powered air protection and provides increased protection and comfort all day long.
- Because you only have one pair of lungs The Adflo PAPR provides a required minimum protection factor of 50 for mechanically and thermally generated particles and conforms to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Exclusive Speedglas airflow patternThe exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder. The intelligent turbo unit keeps the airflow rate at a constant level. A diffuser spreads out the airflow pattern for your maximum comfort.
- Slim Welding Respirator Profile & Super LightOn body respiratory protection for welders allows for full-mobility and the slim profile makes the Adflo perfect for use in tight spaces. The respirator has recently been reduced in weight by a further 15%.
- Self-Adjusting Quick Release Swivel Breathing TubeThe Quick Release Swivel (QRS) allows for one handed connection and release. The self-adjusting length means the hose is always kept close to the welder to prevent snagging on surrounding objects.
- Stackable protection from particles and gases With the right type of Adflo filter, the Adflo welding respirator can effectively protect against both particles and gases - an important welding safety feature. Indicators assist the welder in knowing when to change the filters and to charge the battery.
- Standard & Airflow Plus The airflow is always a constant nominal rate of 170 litres per minute regardless of the battery’s charge or the particle loading of the filter. For hot, humid jobs, you can increase the airflow to 200 litres per minute to reduce fatigue and increase your overall comfort.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: The Adflo PAPR features a revolving two year warranty. Experience a problem with the system in the first two years and your 2 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets and Adflo PAPR systems are built to last.
Relevant Welding Helmet Standards Eye Protection - AS/NZS1338.1, Face Protection - AS/NZS1337.1 (High Impact), Respiratory Protection - AS/NZS1716 Speedglas TrueView Welding Lens Yes Stick Welding Yes MIG Welding Yes TIG Welding Yes (industry leading detection down to 1 Amp) Grinding Feature Large Clear Grinding Visor (Flip-Up) SideWindow Peripheral Vision Yes Hidden Arc Mode Yes Welding Lens Viewing area 73 x 107mm + SideWindows Auto Darkening Lens Classification 1/1/1 & TrueView Variable Dark Shades Shade 5, 8, 9-13 Light State TrueView Shade 3 UV Protection Shade 13 (permanent) Switching time, light-dark 0.1 ms (+23 C) Delay (switching time, dark-light) 40-800 ms Comfort Exhaust Vents No (positive pressure seal for powered air) Head Harness Custom fit, two crown straps with ratchet mechanism Safety Helmet No Required minimum protection factor 50 Air flow Level 170 & 200 l/min Adflo Battery Run Time 12 hours Adflo Battery Charge Time 1 hour rapid charge (80% capacity), 5.5 hours complete
- Product Literature
- Product Videos
Speedglas TrueView – Literally See the Difference
Literally see the difference with new Speedglas TrueView7
Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Head harness
View the custom Speedglas 9100 head harness that changed the welding helmet industry.9
Welding Filter Settings
Set your welding helmet to suit your specific application10
Fine Lines Demo
Is there a better way to see your weld?12
The new Speedglas 9100XXi lens
Aussie & Kiwi welders reacting to new Speedglas TrueView for the first time!13
We met a welder who swore by a competitor. He tried Speedglas TrueView and here’s what he thought.14
The Speedglas 9100FX Flip-Up Mechanism
Smooth flip-up function reveals a huge 170 x 100mm clear grinding visor. Please note that the video demonstrates the flip-up function on the non-air version.17
The 3M Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Synonymous with welding protection, the award winning Adflo PAPR is now one of the world’s most popular PAPRs.18
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator and the airflow into the welding helmet.19
Adflo Breakdown with gas filter
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator with the optional gas filter installed and the airflow into the welding helmet.59
Why I Like My Adflo PAPR
At a recent end user visit we asked this welder why he liked using his 3M Speedglas Adflo PAPR. Watch this video to hear his response.60
3M Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Powered Air - User Thoughts
The AWS Technical Specialists have been receiving some great insight into what Speedglas customers think of the Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Adfo PAPR61
Cooler and Cleaner Welding
Customer testimonial on his 3M Speedglas 9100 FX Air with Adflo PAPR62
Speedglas 9100XXi Flip-Up Welding Helmet FX & FX Air
The 3M Speedglas Flip Up Welding Helmet 9100XXi FX & FX Air have a smooth flip-up function reveals a huge clear grinding visor with 180 degree vision. Learn more about the range of Speedglas Welding Helmets at www.awsi.com.au63
Aimee breaksdown the Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air With Adflo PAPR
The AWS Speedglas representative in Victoria caught up with Aimee to hear what she thought about the 3M Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air welding helmet with the Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator. With amazing True-view optical clarity and the worlds most trusted PAPR system, Adflo, to protect against carcinogenic welding fumes.