- Product Features
- Speedglas, In a Class of its Own 3M Speedglas released the first auto-darkening welding helmet ever and continues to set the benchmark in professional welding mask technology.
- Welding PPE Made in Sweden All Speedglas welding shields are made in Sweden with every welding lens still checked by hand.
- Positive Pressure Seal Keeps Pollutants at BaySuper comfortable face seal follows the contours of both the helmet and the face to provide a positive pressure seal from pollutants. The exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder.
- Speedglas True-View Speedglas True-View has literally changed the way welders see, making what you see through the lens appear lighter, more detailed and colourful.
- Largest Viewing Area AvailableThe huge Speedglas 9100XXi lens combined with the Speedglas peripheral SideWindows gives you the largest viewing area available on the market.
- Speedglas SideWindowsPreviously hidden peripheral hazards (beams, obstacles and other workers) are now visible through two, shade 5 side lenses (conventional shade 13 protection).
- Highest Optical Rating Speedglas welding helmet series 9100 gives the welder the highest possible optical classification (1/1/1) and is compliant with AS/NZS1338.1.
- Unrivalled Arc Detection and Switching Photo-sensors capable of detecting an arc down to an industry-leading 1 amp with centre sensor for TIG applications.
- All Applications with Multiple ModesWith shades 3, 5, 8, 9-13 and multiple mode settings you can weld, cut, grind and tack, indoors and outdoors even with a completely hidden arc.
- Auto-OnWith Auto-On your welding helmet is instantly ready to weld; programmed to your last used welding setting.
- External GrindNeed to grind? With a press of the external button you have activated grind mode. Press it again and you’re back ready to weld.
- Set and Forget: a welding helmet that remembers youPre-set your most frequently used welding settings and with the press of the external button you can seamlessly switch between different welding applications.
- Compliant with all relevant Australian & New Zealand StandardsCompliant with Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1337.1 (high impact face protection), AS/NZS1338.1 (eye protection) and AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection)
- Comfort & Ergonomics This harness sets the industry benchmark for comfort and ergonomics. The harness distributes weight perfectly, avoids sensitive areas and allows for complete customisation to your head.
- The Signature Speedglas Silver FrontThe silver front on a Speedglas auto-darkening welding helmet is not just a design feature, it also reflects heat from the weld keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Magnification Lens HolderBuilt-in holder for magnifying lenses makes attaching the lens easier and optimises the position for better vision.
- Speedglas Welding Equipment is a long term investment All Speedglas 9100 lenses have custom designed multi-function programmed logic chips that minimise the number of discrete surface-mounted components; leading to improved reliability and longevity.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection Speedglas 9100 features a revolving three year warranty. Experience a problem with the helmet in the first three years and your 3 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets are built to last.
The 3M™ Versaflo™ Supplied Air Regulator (SAR)
- High Constant Flow RateLightweight belt mounted regulator with high airflow rates (170 to 305 litres per minute) makes the V-500E supplied air regulator ideal for hot and strenuous welding conditions.
- Because you only have one pair of lungs The 3M V-500E regulator provides a required minimum protection factor of 100+ for mechanically and thermally generated particles and conforms to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Exclusive airflow patternThe exclusive airflow pattern of the welding respiratory helmets evenly distributes a constant level of filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder. A diffuser spreads out the airflow pattern for your maximum comfort.
- Breathing Air Filtration for Welding The airline supply (supplied via a compressor) must be of breathable quality meeting the performance standards of AS/NZS1716. Oil, mist, water vapour or non-toxic, unpleasant odours are removed from the compressed air through use of a breathing air filtration system which connects to the V-500E regulator through a breathable air hose. Please view the brochure for more detailed information or contact AWS.
- Self-Adjusting Quick Release Breathing TubeThe Quick Release Swivel (QRS) allows for one handed connection and release. The self-adjusting length means the hose is always kept close to the welder to prevent snagging on surrounding objects.
- Innovative & QuietThe V-500E Regulator features an integrated low flow warning whistle and a silencer that reduces the regulator’s noise level to less than 65 dBA – the equivalent of a typical conversation.
Relevant Welding Helmet Standards Eye Protection - AS/NZS1338.1, Face Protection - AS/NZS1337.1 (High Impact), Respiratory Protection - AS/NZS1716 Speedglas TrueView Welding Lens Yes Stick Welding Yes MIG Welding Yes TIG Welding Yes (industry leading detection down to 1 Amp) Grinding Feature External One-Touch Grind Memory Mode (Set-and-Forget) Yes SideWindow Peripheral Vision Yes Hidden Arc Mode Yes Welding Lens Viewing area 73 x 107mm + SideWindows Auto Darkening Lens Classification 1/1/1 & TrueView Variable Dark Shades Shade 5, 8, 9-13 Light State TrueView Shade 3 UV Protection Shade 13 (permanent) Switching time, light-dark 0.1 ms (+23 C) Delay (switching time, dark-light) 40-800 ms Comfort Exhaust Vents No (positive pressure seal for supplied air) Head Harness Custom fit, two crown straps with ratchet mechanism Safety Helmet No Required minimum protection factor 100+ Air flow Level 170-305 l/min Adflo Battery Run Time N/A Adflo Battery Charge Time N/A
- Reviews & Ratings
Awesome gear the lens is clear n the reg make sure I'm protected in confined areas
The breathing set up is good for keeping out the bad stuff and the helmet is the best ive used
Product Rating Product Rating
Speedglas TrueView – Literally See the Difference
Literally see the difference with new Speedglas TrueView
External Grind Mode
One touch to move between welding and grinding
Memory Mode - Set & Forget
A welding helmet that remembers you
Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Head harness
View the custom Speedglas 9100 head harness that changed the welding helmet industry.
Welding Filter Settings
Set your welding helmet to suit your specific application
Fine Lines Demo
Is there a better way to see your weld?
Productivity Time Trial
Experience the productivity gains through 3M Welding Products.
The new Speedglas 9100XXi lens
Aussie & Kiwi welders reacting to new Speedglas TrueView for the first time!
We met a welder who swore by a competitor. He tried Speedglas TrueView and here’s what he thought.
New Features Overview
Discover the new features of Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100XXi