- Product Features
- Largest Welding Helmet Viewing Area Available:The huge Speedglas 9100XXi auto lens combined with the Speedglas peripheral SideWindows gives you the largest welding mask viewing area available on the market.
- 3M Speedglas SideWindowsPreviously hidden peripheral hazards (beams, obstacles and other workers) are now visible through two, shade 5 side lenses (conventional shade 13 protection).
- Highest Optical Rating Speedglas welding helmet 9100 series gives the welder the highest possible optical classification (1/1/1) and is compliant with AS/NZS1338.1.
- Unrivalled Arc Detection and switching Photo-sensors capable of detecting an arc down to an industry-leading 1 amp with centre sensor for TIG applications.
- All Welding Applications with Multiple ModesWith shades 3, 5, 8, 9-13 and multiple mode settings you can weld, cut, grind and tack, indoors and outdoors even with a completely hidden arc.
- Welding lens with Auto-OnWith Auto-On your auto darkening welding helmet is instantly ready to weld; programmed to your last used welding setting.
- External GrindNeed to grind? With a press of the external button you have activated grind mode. Press it again and you’re back ready to weld.
- Set and Forget: a welding mask that remembers youPre-set your most frequently used welding settings and with the press of the external button you can seamlessly switch between different welding applications.
- Compliant with all relevant Australian & New Zealand StandardsCompliant with Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1337.1 (high impact face protection), AS/NZS1338.1 (eye protection) and AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection)
- Comfort & Ergonomics This welding shield harness sets the industry benchmark for comfort and ergonomics. The 9100 head harness distributes weight perfectly, avoids sensitive areas and allows for complete customisation to your head.
- The Signature Speedglas Silver FrontThe silver front on a Speedglas auto darkening welding helmet is not just a design feature, it also reflects heat from the weld keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Welding Hood with Magnification Lens HolderBuilt-in holder for magnifying lenses makes attaching the lens easier and optimises the position for better vision.
- Speedglas Welding Safety Equipment is a Long Term Investment All Speedglas 9100 lenses have custom designed multi-function programmed logic chips that minimise the number of discrete surface-mounted components; leading to improved reliability and longevity.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: Speedglas 9100 features a revolving three year warranty. Experience a problem with the helmet in the first three years and your 3 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets are built to last.
The Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Synonymous with welder’s respiratory protectionOne of the most popular powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) in the world, the award-winning Adflo respirator has become synonymous with welder’s powered air protection and provides increased protection and comfort all day long.
- Because you only have one pair of lungs The Adflo PAPR provides a required minimum protection factor of 50 for mechanically and thermally generated particles and conforms to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Exclusive airflow patternThe exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder. The intelligent 3M respirator keeps the airflow rate at a constant level. A diffuser spreads out the airflow pattern for your maximum comfort.
- One Hour Rapid Charge Battery with Long LifeThe new Adflo heavy-duty lithium-ion battery charges from 0-80% of its full capacity in approximately one hour and lasts approximately 12-14 hours depending on conditions. Indicators assist the welder in knowing when to change the filters and to charge the battery.
- Welders’ Respirator, Slim Profile & Super LightOn body respiratory protection allows for full-mobility and the slim profile makes the Adflo perfect for use in tight spaces for welding. The system has recently been reduced in weight by a further 15%.
- Self-Adjusting Quick Release Swivel HoseThe Quick Release Swivel (QRS) breathing hose allows for one handed connection and release. The self-adjusting length means the hose is always kept close to the welder to prevent snagging on surrounding objects.
- Stackable Welding Protection from Welding Fume, Particles and Gases With the right type of filter, the Adflo welding respirator can effectively protect against both particles and gases - an important safety feature.
- Standard & Airflow Plus The airflow is always a constant nominal rate of 170 litres per minute regardless of the battery’s charge or the particle loading of the filter. For hot, humid jobs, you can increase the airflow to 200 litres per minute to reduce fatigue and increase your overall comfort.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: The Adflo PAPR welding safety equipment features a revolving two year warranty. Experience a problem with the system in the first two years and your 2 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets and Adflo PAPR systems are built to last.
Relevant Welding Helmet Standards Eye Protection - AS/NZS1338.1, Face Protection - AS/NZS1337.1 (High Impact), Respiratory Protection - AS/NZS1716 Speedglas TrueView Welding Lens Yes Stick Welding Yes MIG Welding Yes TIG Welding Yes (industry leading detection down to 1 Amp) Grinding Feature External One-Touch Grind SideWindow Peripheral Vision Yes Hidden Arc Mode Yes Welding Lens Viewing area 73 x 107mm + SideWindows Auto Darkening Lens Classification 1/1/1 & TrueView Variable Dark Shades Shade 5, 8, 9-13 Light State TrueView Shade 3 UV Protection Shade 13 (permanent) Switching time, light-dark 0.1 ms (+23 C) Delay (switching time, dark-light) 40-800 ms Comfort Exhaust Vents No (positive pressure seal for powered air) Head Harness Custom fit, two crown straps with ratchet mechanism Safety Helmet No Required minimum protection factor 50 Air flow Level 170 & 200 l/min Adflo Battery Run Time 12 hours Adflo Battery Charge Time 1 hour rapid charge (80% capacity), 5.5 hours complete
- Product Literature
- Product Videos
Speedglas TrueView – Literally See the Difference
Literally see the difference with new Speedglas TrueView3
External Grind Mode
One touch to move between welding and grinding4
Memory Mode - Set & Forget
A welding helmet that remembers you7
Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Head harness
View the custom Speedglas 9100 head harness that changed the welding helmet industry.9
Welding Filter Settings
Set your welding helmet to suit your specific application10
Fine Lines Demo
Is there a better way to see your weld?11
Productivity Time Trial
Experience the productivity gains through 3M Welding Products.12
The new Speedglas 9100XXi lens
Aussie & Kiwi welders reacting to new Speedglas TrueView for the first time!13
We met a welder who swore by a competitor. He tried Speedglas TrueView and here’s what he thought.16
New Features Overview
Discover the new features of Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100XXi17
The 3M Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Synonymous with welding protection, the award winning Adflo PAPR is now one of the world’s most popular PAPRs.18
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator and the airflow into the welding helmet.19
Adflo Breakdown with gas filter
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator with the optional gas filter installed and the airflow into the welding helmet.59
Why I Like My Adflo PAPR
At a recent end user visit we asked this welder why he liked using his 3M Speedglas Adflo PAPR. Watch this video to hear his response.60
3M Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Powered Air - User Thoughts
The AWS Technical Specialists have been receiving some great insight into what Speedglas customers think of the Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Adfo PAPR