- Product Features
- Speedglas, Welder’s PPE in a Class of its Own: Speedglas released the first auto-darkening welding helmet ever and continues to set the benchmark in professional welding helmet technology.
- Made in Sweden: All Speedglas welding masks are made in Sweden with every lens still checked by hand.
- Protection from Welding Fume, Particulate & GasesSuper comfortable face seal follows the contours of both the welding helmet and the face to provide a positive pressure seal from pollutants. The exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder.
- Speedglas True-View Speedglas True-View has literally changed the way welders see, making what you see through the auto darkening lens appear lighter, more detailed and colourful.
- Largest Viewing Area Available:The huge Speedglas 9100XXi welding lens combined with the Speedglas peripheral SideWindows gives you the largest viewing area available on the market.
- Speedglas SideWindowsPreviously hidden peripheral hazards (beams, obstacles and other workers) are now visible through two, shade 5 side lenses (conventional shade 13 protection).
- Highest Optical Rating Speedglas welding helmet series 9100 gives the welder the highest possible optical classification (1/1/1) and is compliant with AS/NZS1338.1.
- Unrivalled Arc Detection and Switching Photo-sensors capable of detecting an arc down to an industry-leading 1 amp with centre sensor for TIG applications.
- All Welding Applications with Multiple ModesWith shades 3, 5, 8, 9-13 and multiple mode settings you can weld, cut, grind and tack, indoors and outdoors even with a completely hidden arc.
- Auto-OnWith Auto-On your welding hood is instantly ready to weld; programmed to your last used welding setting.
- External GrindNeed to grind? With a press of the external button you have activated grind mode. Press it again and you’re back ready to weld.
- Set and Forget: an auto welding helmet that remembers youPre-set your most frequently used welding settings and with the press of the external button you can seamlessly switch between different welding applications.
- Compliant with all relevant Australian & New Zealand StandardsCompliant with Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1337.1 (high impact face protection), AS/NZS1338.1 (eye protection) and AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection)
- Comfort & Ergonomics This harness sets the industry benchmark for comfort and ergonomics. The harness distributes weight perfectly, avoids sensitive areas and allows for complete customisation to your head.
- The Signature Speedglas Silver FrontThe silver front on a Speedglas auto-darkening welding helmet is not just a design feature, it also reflects heat from the weld keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Magnification Lens HolderBuilt-in holder for magnifying lenses makes attaching the lens easier and optimises the position for better vision.
- Speedglas Welding Equipment is a long term investment All Speedglas 9100 lenses have custom designed multi-function programmed logic chips that minimise the number of discrete surface-mounted components; leading to improved reliability and longevity.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: Speedglas 9100 features a revolving three year warranty. Experience a problem with the helmet in the first three years and your 3 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets are built to last.
The Heavy Duty Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- One Hour Rapid Charge Heavy Duty Battery with Long LifeThe new heavy duty Speedglas lithium-ion battery charges from 0-80% of its full capacity in approximately one hour and lasts approximately 12-14 hours depending on conditions (extends battery life by approximately 4 hours over the standard systems).
- Synonymous with welder’s respiratory protectionOne of the most popular PAPR’s in the world, the award-winning Adflo has become synonymous with welder’s powered air respiratory protection and provides increased safety and comfort all day long.
- Because you only have one pair of lungs The Adflo welding respirator provides a required minimum protection factor of 50 for mechanically and thermally generated particles and conforms to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Exclusive Speedglas airflow patternThe exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder. The intelligent turbo unit keeps the airflow rate at a constant level. A diffuser spreads out the airflow pattern for your maximum comfort.
- Super Light Welding Respirator with Slim Profile Welder’s on body respiratory protection allows for full-mobility and the slim profile makes the Adflo perfect for use in tight spaces. The system has recently been reduced in weight by a further 15%.
- Self-Adjusting Quick Release Breathing TubeThe Quick Release Swivel (QRS) breathing hose allows for one handed connection and release. The self-adjusting length means the hose is always kept close to the welder to prevent snagging on surrounding objects.
- Stackable Protection from Welding Fume, Particles and Gases With the right type of filter, the Adflo respirator can effectively protect against both particles and gases - an important welding safety feature. Indicators assist the welder in knowing when to change the filters and to charge the battery.
- Standard & Airflow Plus The airflow is always a constant nominal rate of 170 litres per minute regardless of the battery’s charge or the particle loading of the filter. For hot, humid jobs, you can increase the airflow to 200 litres per minute to reduce fatigue and increase your overall comfort.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: The Adflo PAPR features a revolving two year warranty. Experience a problem with the system in the first two years and your 2 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets and Adflo welding respirator systems are built to last.
Relevant Welding Helmet Standards Eye Protection - AS/NZS1338.1, Face Protection - AS/NZS1337.1 (High Impact), Respiratory Protection - AS/NZS1716 Speedglas TrueView Welding Lens Yes Stick Welding Yes MIG Welding Yes TIG Welding Yes (industry leading detection down to 1 Amp) Grinding Feature External One-Touch Grind Memory Mode (Set-and-Forget) Yes SideWindow Peripheral Vision Yes Hidden Arc Mode Yes Welding Lens Viewing area 73 x 107mm + SideWindows Auto Darkening Lens Classification 1/1/1 & TrueView Variable Dark Shades Shade 5, 8, 9-13 Light State TrueView Shade 3 UV Protection Shade 13 (permanent) Switching time, light-dark 0.1 ms (+23 C) Delay (switching time, dark-light) 40-800 ms Comfort Exhaust Vents No (positive pressure seal for powered air) Head Harness Custom fit, two crown straps with ratchet mechanism Safety Helmet No Required minimum protection factor 50 Air flow Level 170 & 200 l/min Adflo Battery Run Time 12 hours Adflo Battery Charge Time 1 hour rapid charge (80% capacity), 5.5 hours complete
- Reviews & Ratings
Best thing I ever got, worth the money
I've used mine for the last 8 years, still an awesome bit of kit!
Just upgraded to a 9100 air with a 9100xx filter. Great lids , very reliable, light and comfy. Easy to use controls make speedglas my first choice.
Ended up buying the 9100 air-fed helmet. Fantastic invention!
Such a good helmet amazing viewing area and the adflo works amazing especially on hot days
I've been welding for 35 years and have tried other helmets and nothing is better than a speedglas helmet we have 4 in our workshop 3 x 9100 and 1 ad flow are they are worth there weight in gold
I have a speed glass 9100 with respirator. Love it great view and fresh air and protection from splatter sparks can't go wrong
Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating
Speedglas TrueView – Literally See the Difference
Literally see the difference with new Speedglas TrueView
External Grind Mode
One touch to move between welding and grinding
Memory Mode - Set & Forget
A welding helmet that remembers you
Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Head harness
View the custom Speedglas 9100 head harness that changed the welding helmet industry.
Welding Filter Settings
Set your welding helmet to suit your specific application
Fine Lines Demo
Is there a better way to see your weld?
Productivity Time Trial
Experience the productivity gains through 3M Welding Products.
The new Speedglas 9100XXi lens
Aussie & Kiwi welders reacting to new Speedglas TrueView for the first time!
We met a welder who swore by a competitor. He tried Speedglas TrueView and here’s what he thought.
New Features Overview
Discover the new features of Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100XXi
The 3M Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Synonymous with welding protection, the award winning Adflo PAPR is now one of the world’s most popular PAPRs.
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator and the airflow into the welding helmet.
Adflo Breakdown with gas filter
View an exploded view of the 3M Adflo powered air purifying welding respirator with the optional gas filter installed and the airflow into the welding helmet.
Why I Like My Adflo PAPR
At a recent end user visit we asked this welder why he liked using his 3M Speedglas Adflo PAPR. Watch this video to hear his response.
3M Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Powered Air - User Thoughts
The AWS Technical Specialists have been receiving some great insight into what Speedglas customers think of the Speedglas 9100XXi FX Air with Adfo PAPR