The 3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Air with the 3M Adflo PAPR gives welders up to 8 hours powered air respiratory protection combined with the largest viewing area on the market with Speedglas 9100XXi True-View. Featuring external grind and memory mode welders can seamlessly switch between grinding and welding tasks with the press of a button without needing to lift the welding helmet and break the positive pressure seal. The award-winning Adflo PAPR system provides a Required Minimum Protection Factor of 50, providing excellent protection against certain welding fume, gases and vapours.
- Product Features
- Speedglas, PPE in a Class of its Own: Speedglas released the first auto-darkening welding helmet ever and continues to set the benchmark in professional welding helmet technology.
- Welding Equipment Made in Sweden: All Speedglas welding helmets are made in Sweden with every lens still checked by hand.
- Positive Pressure Seal Keeps Welding Fume at baySuper comfortable face seal follows the contours of both the helmet and the face to provide a positive pressure seal from pollutants. The exclusive airflow pattern of the respiratory welding helmet evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder.
- Speedglas True-View Speedglas True-View has literally changed the way welders see, making what you see through the lens appear lighter, more detailed and colourful.
- Largest Welding Helmet Viewing Area Available:The huge Speedglas 9100XXi auto lens combined with the Speedglas peripheral SideWindows gives you the largest welding mask viewing area available on the market.
- 3M Speedglas SideWindowsPreviously hidden peripheral hazards (beams, obstacles and other workers) are now visible through two, shade 5 side lenses (conventional shade 13 protection).
- Highest Optical Rating Speedglas welding helmet 9100 series gives the welder the highest possible optical classification (1/1/1) and is compliant with AS/NZS1338.1.
- Unrivalled Arc Detection and switching Photo-sensors capable of detecting an arc down to an industry-leading 1 amp with centre sensor for TIG applications.
- All Welding Applications with Multiple ModesWith shades 3, 5, 8, 9-13 and multiple mode settings you can weld, cut, grind and tack, indoors and outdoors even with a completely hidden arc.
- Welding lens with Auto-OnWith Auto-On your auto darkening welding helmet is instantly ready to weld; programmed to your last used welding setting.
- External GrindNeed to grind? With a press of the external button you have activated grind mode. Press it again and you’re back ready to weld.
- Set and Forget: a welding mask that remembers youPre-set your most frequently used welding settings and with the press of the external button you can seamlessly switch between different welding applications.
- Compliant with all relevant Australian & New Zealand StandardsCompliant with Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1337.1 (high impact face protection), AS/NZS1338.1 (eye protection) and AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection)
- Comfort & Ergonomics This welding shield harness sets the industry benchmark for comfort and ergonomics. The 9100 head harness distributes weight perfectly, avoids sensitive areas and allows for complete customisation to your head.
- The Signature Speedglas Silver FrontThe silver front on a Speedglas auto darkening welding helmet is not just a design feature, it also reflects heat from the weld keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Welding Hood with Magnification Lens HolderBuilt-in holder for magnifying lenses makes attaching the lens easier and optimises the position for better vision.
- Speedglas Welding Safety Equipment is a Long Term Investment All Speedglas 9100 lenses have custom designed multi-function programmed logic chips that minimise the number of discrete surface-mounted components; leading to improved reliability and longevity.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: Speedglas 9100 features a revolving three year warranty. Experience a problem with the helmet in the first three years and your 3 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets are built to last.
The Adflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Synonymous with welder’s respiratory protectionOne of the most popular powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) in the world, the award-winning Adflo respirator has become synonymous with welder’s powered air protection and provides increased protection and comfort all day long.
- Because you only have one pair of lungs The Adflo PAPR provides a required minimum protection factor of 50 for mechanically and thermally generated particles and conforms to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1716 (respiratory protection).
- Exclusive airflow patternThe exclusive airflow pattern evenly distributes filtered air throughout the entire breathing zone of the welder. The intelligent 3M respirator keeps the airflow rate at a constant level. A diffuser spreads out the airflow pattern for your maximum comfort.
- One Hour Rapid Charge Battery with Long LifeThe new Adflo lithium-ion battery charges from 0-80% of its full capacity in approximately one hour and lasts approximately 8-10 hours depending on conditions. Indicators assist the welder in knowing when to change the filters and to charge the battery.
- Welders’ Respirator, Slim Profile & Super LightOn body respiratory protection allows for full-mobility and the slim profile makes the Adflo perfect for use in tight spaces for welding. The system has recently been reduced in weight by a further 15%.
- Self-Adjusting Quick Release Swivel HoseThe Quick Release Swivel (QRS) breathing hose allows for one handed connection and release. The self-adjusting length means the hose is always kept close to the welder to prevent snagging on surrounding objects.
- Stackable Welding Protection from Welding Fume, Particles and Gases With the right type of filter, the Adflo welding respirator can effectively protect against both particles and gases - an important safety feature.
- Standard & Airflow Plus The airflow is always a constant nominal rate of 170 litres per minute regardless of the battery’s charge or the particle loading of the filter. For hot, humid jobs, you can increase the airflow to 200 litres per minute to reduce fatigue and increase your overall comfort.
- Industry Leading Warranty Protection: The Adflo PAPR welding safety equipment features a revolving two year warranty. Experience a problem with the system in the first two years and your 2 year warranty protection starts again. Speedglas helmets and Adflo PAPR systems are built to last.
Relevant Welding Helmet Standards Eye Protection - AS/NZS1338.1, Face Protection - AS/NZS1337.1 (High Impact), Respiratory Protection - AS/NZS1716 Speedglas TrueView Welding Lens Yes Stick Welding Yes MIG Welding Yes TIG Welding Yes (industry leading detection down to 1 Amp) Grinding Feature External One-Touch Grind SideWindow Peripheral Vision Yes Hidden Arc Mode Yes Welding Lens Viewing area 73 x 107mm + SideWindows Auto Darkening Lens Classification 1/1/1 & TrueView Variable Dark Shades Shade 5, 8, 9-13 Light State TrueView Shade 3 UV Protection Shade 13 (permanent) Switching time, light-dark 0.1 ms (+23 C) Delay (switching time, dark-light) 40-800 ms Comfort Exhaust Vents No (positive pressure seal for powered air) Head Harness Custom fit, two crown straps with ratchet mechanism Safety Helmet No Required minimum protection factor 50 Air flow Level 170 & 200 l/min Adflo Battery Run Time 8 hours Adflo Battery Charge Time 1 hour rapid charge (80% capacity), 4.5 hours complete
- Product Literature
- Product Videos
- Reviews & Ratings
Recently upgraded to the 9100XXi Air with Adflo filter system. Awesome side views with fresh air and crystal clear lens not bad at all!
I've been welding for 35 years and have tried other helmets and nothing is better than a speedglas helmet we have 4 in our workshop 3 x 9100 and 1 ad flow are they are worth there weight in gold
I have a speed glass 9100 with respirator. Love it great view and fresh air and protection from splatter sparks can't go wrong
Such a good helmet amazing viewing area and the adflo works amazing especially on hot days
Ended up buying the 9100 air-fed helmet. Fantastic invention!
Just upgraded to a 9100 air with a 9100xx filter. Great lids , very reliable, light and comfy. Easy to use controls make speedglas my first choice.
Best thing I ever got, worth the money
Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating Product Rating