- Product Information
Pair of GP2/GP3 Particulate Filters to suit 3M™ Reusable Respirators (part number 2138).
The 3M 2138 respirator filters can be put to excellent use when undertaking mould remediation work and working with pesticides.
- Protection against Toxic Particulates, Nuisance Level* Acid Gases and Organic Vapours with low vapour pressure
- GP2/GP3** filter/class rating
- High filtration efficiency with 3M performance filter media
- The 2138 filters offer low breathing resistance when worn with a 3M reusable respirator
- Lightweight twin filter design
- For use with 3M™ 6000/7000 Series Full Face Respirators and 3M™ 6000/7500 Series Half Face Respirators
- Suitable uses may include mould remediation work and the spraying of pesticides and herbicides
- GP3 rating only achieved when used with a 3M 6000/7000 Full Face respirator
Whether spraying pesticides or herbicides or carrying out mould remediation work, it is important to protect your lungs from the ever-present, harmful particles and vapours which may be present. With this in mind, the 3M 2138 filters were strategically designed with a GP2/GP3* rating. This means they will protect against Particulates, Nuisance Level Acid Gases and also Organic Vapours with low vapour pressures.
The 3M 2138 particulate filter is perfect for absorbing particles and vapours which are mechanically and/or thermally generated. Such particles are dangerous to your health if breathed in, and can result in long term health problems.
The 2138 respirator particulate filter can be easily used with any of the 3M reusable respirators, by simply locking them into the twin bayonet connections on the exterior of the mask. This allows for easy installation and replacement of filters when required. It is important to regularly check your filters for damage, and replace when necessary.
Due to the lightweight profile and low breathing resistance, these particle filters help to reduce breathing resistance for a comfortable fit for prolonged tasks. If you notice that breathing through the filters starts to become more difficult, it may be time to replace your filters. This is because as filters trap particulates, they become ‘loaded’ and consequently they eventually cannot trap any more particulates.
*Nuisance levels are those levels below the Safe Work Australia Exposure Standards.
**P3 filter protects against Toxic Particulates, and can only be achieved when used with a full face respirator. If used with a half face respirator, you will only receive P2 particulate protection.
Join Team AWS
Receive exclusive promotions, product news and safety updatesJoin The Team
- Product Literature
- Product Videos